Owen leads the way for St George's
ST GEORGE S School in Harpenden have progressed to the fifth round of the Daily Mail Under 18 Cup after beating Hertfordshire rivals Richard Hale. St George s outscored their opponents by five tries to two with Owen Farrell, son of England International A
ST GEORGE'S School in Harpenden have progressed to the fifth round of the Daily Mail Under 18 Cup after beating Hertfordshire rivals Richard Hale.
St George's outscored their opponents by five tries to two with Owen Farrell, son of England International Andy, taking centre stage.
Eustace Ojie, Courtney Dodds, Fred Mackrill, Adam Hills and John Collins all crossed the white wash for St George's, with Farrell adding a conversion and two penalties to seal a 33-12 win.
Niall Dickens, the St George's coach said: "For a mixed comprehensive school I tend to believe we punch above our weight with the rugby team. But we are touring New Zealand next summer so we are trying to toughen the boys up and they are responding well."
You may also want to watch:
Farrell, who made his first-team debut for Saracens in October when aged just 17 years and 11 days, was playing only his fourth school game of the year due to his commitments with the Guinness Premiership side and the England Under 18 team. Dickens said: "Owen is a well-rounded lad and well liked among the boys. Obviously his commitments with Saracens and England mean we don't get to see him every match. I get the nod as to when I can use him and the way we approach it is to make sure there is no disruption when the backline is changed."
St George's will face the winners of the Worksop College v Loughborough Grammar tie in the next round and Dickens is expecting a tough tie whoever they play. "In the later rounds of the Daily Mail Cup we come up against schools with major facilities and major backing but we always give it a good shot."
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Shortages crisis hits district
- 5 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 8 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 9 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
St George's are also through to the sixth round of the Daily Mail Under 15 Vase.