Owen Farrell the latest big-name international to extend Saracens stay
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Owen Farrell is the latest in an ever-growing list of internationals to commit to Saracens despite their relegation to the Championship.
The former Harpenden St Georges’ pupil and Harpenden Rugby Club junior is just one match away from 200 appearances for the club and says he is delighted to have agreed the new deal.
He said: “The club means a lot to me. I’ve been here a long time now and to be sorted going forward is brilliant.
“Most of the senior players are in a similar position. They’d do anything to put us in the best position possible and that was telling during the tough times this year and I’m sure that will be the case going forward as well.”
Director of rugby Mark McCall said: “Owen has grown up at Saracens; from a teenager in our academy to a central figure in English rugby.
You may also want to watch:
“His drive to improve is relentless, pushing everyone in the organisation, players and staff, to be better every day. Quite simply, Saracens would not be the club it is without Owen.
“Off the field he is a grounded family man, who cares deeply about the club and the people here.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 9 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 10 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
“We are delighted he has committed his long-term future to Saracens.”
The 28-year-old joins the likes of Jamie George, Mako Vunipola and Elliott Daly in committing to more years at Allianz Park.