Owen Farrell the latest big-name international to extend Saracens stay
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Owen Farrell is the latest in an ever-growing list of internationals to commit to Saracens despite their relegation to the Championship.
The former Harpenden St Georges’ pupil and Harpenden Rugby Club junior is just one match away from 200 appearances for the club and says he is delighted to have agreed the new deal.
He said: “The club means a lot to me. I’ve been here a long time now and to be sorted going forward is brilliant.
“Most of the senior players are in a similar position. They’d do anything to put us in the best position possible and that was telling during the tough times this year and I’m sure that will be the case going forward as well.”
Director of rugby Mark McCall said: “Owen has grown up at Saracens; from a teenager in our academy to a central figure in English rugby.
You may also want to watch:
“His drive to improve is relentless, pushing everyone in the organisation, players and staff, to be better every day. Quite simply, Saracens would not be the club it is without Owen.
“Off the field he is a grounded family man, who cares deeply about the club and the people here.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 5 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 6 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 7 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 8 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 9 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 10 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
“We are delighted he has committed his long-term future to Saracens.”
The 28-year-old joins the likes of Jamie George, Mako Vunipola and Elliott Daly in committing to more years at Allianz Park.