Owen Farrell the latest big-name international to extend Saracens stay
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Owen Farrell is the latest in an ever-growing list of internationals to commit to Saracens despite their relegation to the Championship.
The former Harpenden St Georges’ pupil and Harpenden Rugby Club junior is just one match away from 200 appearances for the club and says he is delighted to have agreed the new deal.
He said: “The club means a lot to me. I’ve been here a long time now and to be sorted going forward is brilliant.
“Most of the senior players are in a similar position. They’d do anything to put us in the best position possible and that was telling during the tough times this year and I’m sure that will be the case going forward as well.”
Director of rugby Mark McCall said: “Owen has grown up at Saracens; from a teenager in our academy to a central figure in English rugby.
You may also want to watch:
“His drive to improve is relentless, pushing everyone in the organisation, players and staff, to be better every day. Quite simply, Saracens would not be the club it is without Owen.
“Off the field he is a grounded family man, who cares deeply about the club and the people here.
- 1 Can you help after man left unconscious outside St Albans pub?
- 2 Birthday charity walks in brother's memory
- 3 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 4 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 Driver hospitalised after three-vehicle accident on M1 near Redbourn
- 7 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 8 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 9 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
“We are delighted he has committed his long-term future to Saracens.”
The 28-year-old joins the likes of Jamie George, Mako Vunipola and Elliott Daly in committing to more years at Allianz Park.