Owen Farrell and Brad Barritt retain places in England XV for Italy showdown
Saracens pair part of an unchanged England XV
SARACENS duo Owen Farrell and Brad Barritt have retained their places in the England XV for this weekend’s RBS 6 Nations clash with Italy.
The pair made their England’s bows in last weekend’s 13-6 Calcutta Cup victory over Scotland and are part of an unchanged starting XV for this weekend’s game in Rome.
Former St George’s School pupil Farrell kicked eight points on debut while University of Herts student Barritt impressed in midfield with his hard-hitting approach.
England’s interim head coach Stuart Lancaster said: “We have decided to leave the starting team the same to allow them more time to get together, and we are expecting the bench to come on and make an impact as they did last week.”
That means fellow Saracens David Strettle, Charlie Hodgson and Mourtiz Botha also start in Rome with another, Matt Stevens, named among the replacements.
England: Foden; Ashton, Barritt, Farrell, Strettle; Hodgson, Youngs; Dowson, Robshaw, Croft; Palmer, Botha; Cole, Hartley, Corbisiero.
- 1 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 4 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's West Common
- 5 London Colney children will be going nuts for this new Scouts group
- 6 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 7 St Albans Local Plan delayed to autumn 2025
- 8 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 9 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
- 10 Video shows thief stealing parcel from St Albans home doorstep
Replacements: Webber, Stevens, Parling, Morgan, Dickson, Turner-Hall, Brown.