Open Day at St Albans Hockey Club
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Hockey Club are hoping to encourage more people to play the sport at an Open Day on Saturday, September 2.
The event will be held at Oaklands College and is aimed at those who have never played hockey, as well as those considering picking up a stick once again.
A Back to Hockey and Parents Hockey session will take place from 9.15am-10am, where individuals can try out as a goalkeeper in a welcome game.
There will then be senior sessions for women and men from 10.15am-12pm and 1pm-3.45pm, where the club will hold seven-a-side matches of 10 and 15 minutes.
The women’s first team will then play a match against Oxford Hawks at 1pm, with the men meeting Horsham at 3pm.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson said: “It’s a great opportunity to meet members from all sections of the club, play a bit, get an idea of where within the club you’d like to play and check out some 1st XI action.”
- 1 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 2 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 3 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 5 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 6 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 7 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 8 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 9 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 10 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre