Ones to watch in 2019 for St Albans Striders finish 2018 in fine form
- Credit: Archant
Two of St Albans Striders’ rising stars rounded off a great 2018 with strong performances on the final weekend of the year.
James Moore, 15, finished his first half marathon at the Lee Valley Velopark in a time of one hour 22 minutes 58 seconds to finish sixth overall.
Meanwhile Will Bowren, 17, was the third senior finisher, and seventh overall, at the Buntingford Year-end 10-mile race in 58:28.
Many Striders competed in festive parkruns on Christmas morning, most notable was Jenny Maddocks who finished first female on the undulating course at Tring.
Laura Lane completed the 50km Winter Cross Ultra which takes in part of the South Downs Way in 6:16.
You may also want to watch:
On Sunday Laurence Dine completed his goal to run 2018 miles this year.
He achieved his feat in aid of Reverse Rett, a charity dedicated to changing the lives of children and adults with Rett Syndrome.
- 1 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 2 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 5 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 6 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 7 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 8 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 9 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works