Ones to watch in 2019 for St Albans Striders finish 2018 in fine form
- Credit: Archant
Two of St Albans Striders’ rising stars rounded off a great 2018 with strong performances on the final weekend of the year.
James Moore, 15, finished his first half marathon at the Lee Valley Velopark in a time of one hour 22 minutes 58 seconds to finish sixth overall.
Meanwhile Will Bowren, 17, was the third senior finisher, and seventh overall, at the Buntingford Year-end 10-mile race in 58:28.
Many Striders competed in festive parkruns on Christmas morning, most notable was Jenny Maddocks who finished first female on the undulating course at Tring.
Laura Lane completed the 50km Winter Cross Ultra which takes in part of the South Downs Way in 6:16.
You may also want to watch:
On Sunday Laurence Dine completed his goal to run 2018 miles this year.
He achieved his feat in aid of Reverse Rett, a charity dedicated to changing the lives of children and adults with Rett Syndrome.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly