Ones to watch in 2019 for St Albans Striders finish 2018 in fine form
- Credit: Archant
Two of St Albans Striders’ rising stars rounded off a great 2018 with strong performances on the final weekend of the year.
James Moore, 15, finished his first half marathon at the Lee Valley Velopark in a time of one hour 22 minutes 58 seconds to finish sixth overall.
Meanwhile Will Bowren, 17, was the third senior finisher, and seventh overall, at the Buntingford Year-end 10-mile race in 58:28.
Many Striders competed in festive parkruns on Christmas morning, most notable was Jenny Maddocks who finished first female on the undulating course at Tring.
Laura Lane completed the 50km Winter Cross Ultra which takes in part of the South Downs Way in 6:16.
On Sunday Laurence Dine completed his goal to run 2018 miles this year.
He achieved his feat in aid of Reverse Rett, a charity dedicated to changing the lives of children and adults with Rett Syndrome.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 3 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 4 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 5 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 6 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 7 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 8 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 10 History in the making as Colney Heath Ladies reach county cup final for first time