One-two for Verulam ReallyMoving cycling
- Credit: Archant
Andy Whale of Verulam ReallyMoving Racing team took first and Marcel Six second at the Nick Clark & Ginger Smallwood Memorial Race.
Whale slipped off the front on the second of nine laps with two others and Six then bridged the gap on his own to take the break up to four.
And they used their numerical superiority to send Whale away for the win with Six beating the rest of the break in the sprint behind.
Elsewhere James Hedley-Smith claimed fourth in the Eastern Counties Cycling Association Open Circuit Race at Hog Hill in a race he described as “tough with strong cross winds”.
In time trialling, Verulam’s Oli Mytton finish 16th at the National Time Trial Championships on a circuit near Cranfield University, competing the 20-mile course in 44 minutes 34 seconds.
You may also want to watch:
On the track Jamie Maxen and Michael Parry mixed it with the top riders at the Welwyn Track League.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 10 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears