One-sided encounter hands Old Albanian a tough opening loss
- Credit: Archant
An entire season’s worth of misfortune was visited on Gavin Hogg’s Old Albanian charges as their attempts to keep the maurauders of Rosslyn Park at bay in the opening game of the new National One campaign ended in a 58-0 defeat.
Too often it has been said that if you keep doing what you are doing and expect different results an element of lunacy must be expected.
Whilst madness is not suspected here, far too much of the OA approach was predictable and Park latched onto this fact very early in a one-sided encounter.
Tight play was probably the only facet of the OA game which will comfort the coaching team; nothing was lost in the tight scrum against weightier opponents and two line-outs were stolen in fortuitous circumstances.
As the scoreline indicates none of this helped the Albanian cause.
You may also want to watch:
A trip to Ampthill is next up on Saturday but OA’s new squad now know what is expected in National One.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 3 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 4 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 5 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 6 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 7 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 8 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 9 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden