One more win needed for OA Saints after victory over Beckenham
- Credit: Archant
Old Albanian Saints are within touching distance of the Women’s Championship South East Two title after a 46-12 success away to Beckenham.
Victory over Medway at Woollams on Sunday would be enough to lift the crown with a game to spare.
Two tries from Sam Ganske and Mairead Ladbrooke as well as one each for Mica Gooding, Beth Saunders, Kate Skelton and Aisha Abumarzouq saw them to victory in south London in a match where they started slowly but gained more and more momentum as the contest went on.
Head coach Darran Brown said: “Beckenham made us work hard in certain areas of the game. The scrum performed well having focused on some aspects during the week so we’re all very pleased with that.
“Having a solid platform gave us the opportunity to release runners and score the points needed.
You may also want to watch:
“We now move on to the challenges that Medway will present us which promises to be another physical battle.”
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 6 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 7 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 8 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 9 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 10 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant