ON THE ROAD AT: Stourbridge
Details of CITYLIVE coverage
Stourbridge v St Albans City
Saturday, September 24 – KO 3pm
War Memorial Athletic Ground; High Street, Amblecote, Stourbridge
West Midlands, DY8 4HN. Tel: 01384 394040
Manager: Gary Hackett
Last season: Eighth
- 1 Moped crashes with pedestrian on St Peter's Street
- 2 Pest controller fights back against negative reviews
- 3 St Albans woman stops British Grand Prix at Silverstone
- 4 Club night revival in St Albans
- 5 Teenager's arm broken during 'metal pole attack'
- 6 Birch tree roots battle for St Albans neighbour
- 7 Hitchin & Harpenden MP Bim Afolami resigns as Tory vice chair live on air
- 8 Woman assaulted by teenage boys in Hemel Hempstead underpass
- 9 14 bank cards stolen due to ATM fraud
- 10 Man stabbed in St Albans
Top scorer this year: Ryan Rowe (five)
THIS weekend St Albans City make the trip to the West Midlands to take on third placed Stourbridge.
The Saints have won just once on their travels in the league so far this season but go into Saturday’s game on the back of an excellent performance at Berkhamsted in midweek and currently sit just three points from a play-off place.
While the Saints are still in the initial stages of David Howell’s rebuilding following his appointment in the summer, Stourbridge can call on the stability that Gary Hackett’s seven-year tenure has created.
During that time Hackett has overseen two promotion-winning campaigns and following an eighth placed finish last year The Glassboys are well set to push for a third this time.
Season so far
Stourbridge have had a very good start to the new Southern Premier Division campaign losing just one of their nine league games to date.
The Glassboys remain unbeaten at the War Memorial Athletic Ground with Leamington the only team to have left with a point this year.
Hackett’s side also progressed in the FA Cup with a 2-1 victory at Bewdley on Saturday setting up an all-Southern Premier clash against Barwell in the Second Qualifying Round.
The Glassboys’ last league outing came last Tuesday when a single goal from Ryan Rowe gave Hackett’s side victory over Evesham.
Team vs Evesham: Solly; Dyson, Griffiths, McCone, Dovey, Lloyd, Smith, Broadhurst, Rowe, Billingham, Craddock.
David Howell has a near full strength squad to choose from as his side head to the Midlands.
The home side are without midfielder Sean Geddes as he serves the second game of a three-match ban while Ryan Mahon and David Plinston are on the long-term injury list.
Click on the link in the top right hand corner to launch CITYLIVE.