ON THE ROAD AT: Oxford City
A look ahead to this weekend’s trip to Oxford City
Oxford City v St Albans City
Saturday, November 5 - KO 3pm
Manager: Mike Ford
Last season: 14th
You may also want to watch:
Top scorer this year: Steve Basham (Seven)
ST ALBANS City head to Oxford City this Saturday looking to put a halt to a run of three straight defeats and improve their record of one win in their last nine outings.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 3 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 4 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 9 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 10 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
Season so far
Oxford City have put their own FA Trophy disappointment behind them to secure themselves a place in the FA Cup First Round Proper as well as negotiating a safe passage into the second round of the Red Insure Cup.
Following that Trophy exit at the hands of Mangotsfield, Oxford then slipped to a 1-0 defeat against Weymouth but that was soon forgotten as goals from Darren Pond, Steve Basham and Felipe Barcelos saw Mike Ford’s men overcome Blue Square South side Weston-super-Mare 3-2 in the FA Cup on Saturday.
City then saw off local rivals Abingdon in the Red Insure Cup with Declan Benjamin’s strike proving to be the only goal of the game.
In the Southern Premier Division Oxford have had a good start to the campaign and currently sit in fifth place. Ford’s team have won eight of their 12 games, losing three and drawing the other, netting 21 goals along the way.
Ryan Watts is available for selection again having served his three-game ban and City will be hoping their injury worries subside after Rob Haworth, Barrie Matthews, Adam Fry, James Bent and Ryan Moran all missed Tuesday night’s Herts Senior Cup defeat to Broxbourne Borough.