ON THE ROAD AT: Arlesey Town
Plus details of CITYLIVE coverage
Arlesey Town v St Albans City
Saturday, February 18 – KO 3pm
Manager: Zema Abbey
Last season: 1st (Southern Division One Central)
You may also want to watch:
Top scorer this year: Chris Dillon (10)
WITH the inclement weather subsiding, St Albans City will be looking to get back to action away at Arlesey Town.
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 3 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 4 From the terraces to the pitch - Huw Dawson ecstatic to reach FA Cup first round with St Albans City
- 5 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 6 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 7 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 8 St Albans City reach FA Cup first round after shoot-out win over Corinthian Casuals
- 9 Charity clothes swap raises thousands for mental health charity
- 10 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
Season so far
IT has been a season of struggle for Arlesey Town following their promotion from Division One Central last season.
Zema Abbey’s side have taken time to find their feet in the Premier Division, taking four games before recording their first win, an impressive 2-0 defeat of current league leaders Brackley Town.
Since that game wins have proved elusive with the Blues recording just another six victories all campaign. The majority of those victories, four to be precise, have actually come away from the aRMadillo Stadium where Abbey’s side have picked up just 12 points all term.
Prior to the weather enforced hiatus Arlesey had picked up four points in two games with a win over Bedford and a draw at Barwell.
The Blues have had the benefit of going into Saturday’s game on the back of a competitive game but Abbey’s side suffered a 2-1 defeat at Swindon Supermarine on Wednesday evening.
Team vs Dunstable: Bussey, Browne, Perpetuini, Frater, Brown �, Bailey, Marsh, Sinclair, Dillon, Patrick, Hutchins.
We’ve Met Before – St Albans City 2 Arlesey Town 2 (October 8, 2011)
David Howell was left to rue two defensive lapses in the space of a minute as Arlesey Town recovered from two goals down to earn a point at Clarence Park.
All appeared to be going swimmingly for the Saints when Jerome Walker netted to add to Rob Haworth’s 18th minute opener. Ryan Watt’s dismissal didn’t help City’s cause and they were punished when Arlesey’s top scorer, Chris Dillon, netted twice in 60 seconds.
The Herts Advertiser report: http://www.hertsad.co.uk/sport/football/saints_squander_two_goal_lead_against_arlesey_1_1084286