Olympic hero Derek Redmond conjures up magic moment
PUPILS enjoyed a magic day with a motivational talk from an Olympic hero earlier this month. Eugene Matthias, President of the Magic Club of Great Britain, conjured up former World Championship 400m gold medallist and Olympian Derek Redmond to assist when
PUPILS enjoyed a magic day with a motivational talk from an Olympic hero earlier this month.
Eugene Matthias, President of the Magic Club of Great Britain, conjured up former World Championship 400m gold medallist and Olympian Derek Redmond to assist when the Going for GOLD Motivational Master Class Tour cast its spell on Wood End School, Harpenden.
Several Harpenden schools were invited to attend the day and there were more than 150 pupils from six schools present. The day started with motivational speaking by Derek and Eugene, and was followed in the afternoon by a host of different sporting activities.
The event was supported by the School Sports Partnership and local schools. Andy Heaps, PE Co-ordinator at the school, said: "Derek Redmond and Eugene Matthias thrilled the children and staff with their humour and stories of motivation and the whole day was a super success."
You may also want to watch:
Redmond famously showed his determination in the 1992 Olympics in Barcelona when he struggled on to the finish of his 400m semi final after his hamstring snapped.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 3 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 6 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 7 In pictures: World's last 'truly wild' horse at Whipsnade Zoo
- 8 New campaign highlights Abbey Line hidden gems
- 9 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 10 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition