Ollie Pattison set for Haye Day at the O2
- Credit: Archant
London Colney boxer Ollie Pattison has been handed a perfect boost ahead of his third professional fight this weekend – a place on the undercard at David Haye’s Haye Day II at the O2 Arena.
Pattison, who is due to face Radek Geissmann of the Czech Republic at London’s York Hall on Saturday, is one of five young British boxers set to do battle in the May extravaganza.
The undefeated light-heavyweight was announced alongside Floyd Moore, Kay Prospere, Tony Dodson and Nick Webb.
The five follow the news of an English middleweight title fight between Joe Mullender and Lee Markham will be the chief support.
Former world champion Haye, who made his comeback to the ring earlier this year, said: “The reaction to the first Haye Day was incredible with a sell-out crowd, headline music act, A-List guests and record breaking TV viewing figures.
You may also want to watch:
“May’s event will be even bigger and better.
“I’m delighted to add some of the best young British fighters to the bill and we are working to make sure their challengers will be equally as impressive to ensure action-packed fights throughout the card.”
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 4 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 7 From supplying secret agents to headmaster's secretary, Patricia celebrates centenary
- 8 Black History Month: 'I am connected to the world by a multitude of threads'
- 9 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 10 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
Pattison is making waves in the division as he looks to position himself towards a light heavyweight title in 2016.
The 6 foot 3 inch fighter is looking to make a mark in a busy domestic weight division.
Tickets to Haye Day at The O2 on May 21, are available on general sale now via AXS.com and hayemaker.com.