Old Albanians overwhelm Northchurch
Old Albanians put on a clinic in batting and bowling to obliterate Northchurch by 151 runs.
On a ground still struggling to recover from the rain, Northchurch won the toss and asked OAs to bat.
The decision was a fatal one by Mark Hobley as Ghulam Rasool (33) and Joe Regan (33) played their shots from the outset and the Northchurch bowlers could not contain them.
Even after their dismissals, the innings did not crumble as Zahid Khan and Jack Reynolds added 16 and 10 respectively. Sagir Ahmed, in at six, hit a 39-ball 36 and number nine Usman Malik was caught two shy of his half-century as OAs racked up 219 runs.
Northchurch’s reply was a pitiful affair as they wilted in the face of OAs’ bowlers. South African Werner Labuschagne (19) and Darren James (21) were the only players to reach double figures in an innings that included four ducks and was over for 68 runs.
You may also want to watch:
Naseer Ahmed led the attack with six wickets while Chris Dobson and Mozammal Hayat, who only bowled four balls, took two apiece.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 4 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 5 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 6 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 7 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy