Old Albanians overwhelm Northchurch
Old Albanians put on a clinic in batting and bowling to obliterate Northchurch by 151 runs.
On a ground still struggling to recover from the rain, Northchurch won the toss and asked OAs to bat.
The decision was a fatal one by Mark Hobley as Ghulam Rasool (33) and Joe Regan (33) played their shots from the outset and the Northchurch bowlers could not contain them.
Even after their dismissals, the innings did not crumble as Zahid Khan and Jack Reynolds added 16 and 10 respectively. Sagir Ahmed, in at six, hit a 39-ball 36 and number nine Usman Malik was caught two shy of his half-century as OAs racked up 219 runs.
Northchurch’s reply was a pitiful affair as they wilted in the face of OAs’ bowlers. South African Werner Labuschagne (19) and Darren James (21) were the only players to reach double figures in an innings that included four ducks and was over for 68 runs.
You may also want to watch:
Naseer Ahmed led the attack with six wickets while Chris Dobson and Mozammal Hayat, who only bowled four balls, took two apiece.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 7 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 8 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 9 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 10 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'