Old Albanian youth players to train with British and Irish Lions ahead of Australia tour
- Credit: Archant
OLD Albanian U7s cap a great season by winning the cup, and have a player selected for a training session with the British Lions.
OAs sent a number of age groups to the HSBC Youth Rugby Festival held at Cambridge Rugby Club.
Some excellent rugby was played by the young OA’s sides with the U7’s Eagles taking the Cup against sides from Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire.
As well as an opportunity to meet and receive skill tips from Jason Robinson on the day, HSBC was offering all children taking part at the festival the chance of becoming a special HSBC Cub who will train with The British & Irish Lions squad. In this significant year for British & Irish rugby HSBC, the Principal Partner to The Lions, is offering young, aspiring rugby players this unique opportunity to meet The Lions, as they gather again to head down to Australia for the first time in 12 years.
When the squad get together before leaving UK shores, youngsters from across the region will have the chance to train with The Lions at an exclusive training session on 16th May 2013 in the Vale of Glamorgan before the players, led by coach Warren Gatland, depart for Hong Kong on 27th May.
The once-in-a-lifetime prize was awarded to any child in an age group who demonstrated the same values on the pitch that it takes to be a British & Irish Lion, values such as courage, integrity and fair play. Referees officiating on the day, in conjunction with the tournament officials, were responsible for identifying and recommending a boys and girls taking part who demonstrate these values on the pitch.
The OA’s U7’s Squad were delighted that an player was nominated for this award in their age group – Florence has had an outstanding season playing under the new RFU “Shaping The Game” rules. The Club are delighted that OA’s will be represented on this fabulous day by Florence a great player and ambassador for OA’s.
- 1 Man wanted for criminal damage at The Horn pub
- 2 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 3 St Albans named among UK's best places for Christmas activities
- 4 Hit and run on deadly Redbourn Road
- 5 Community design group 'ignored' over Alban Arena redevelopment
- 6 St Albans city centre road closures reduce spaces for Blue Badge holders
- 7 Luton Airport expansion approved despite passionate opposition
- 8 Sexual assault onboard train to Harpenden
- 9 St Albans council urges Hertsmere to rethink plans for Bowmans Cross
- 10 What to see in the sky in December: The 'Cold Moon' and meteor showers
Look out for the Photo’s of an OA’s shirt wearing player with the Lions.