Confident Old Albanian in inspired form to beat Worthing
- Credit: DANNY LOO
A superb perfromance from Old Albanian sent Worthing back to the south coast on the back of a 54-17 defeat.
The narrow defeat at Taunton seven days earlier had clearly instilled confidence into the young side and the Raiders felt the backlash at Woollams as the hosts ran in eight tries to two.
Full-back Dan Watt bossed the lively OA back division, unleashing the potent strike force almost at will.
Their defence was again sound and the only time the Raiders escaped the OA shackles was at either end of the second half.
But the rest of the game was pretty much one-way traffic as Conor Gracey, Joe Butler, Alex Ricci and Nic Defeo produced a bonus point even before the half-hour mark.
You may also want to watch:
Tim Bond, Mike Hogan, Defeo again and Josh Hallett got another four before the end while Butler converted seven out of eight.
It means they will travel to Henley in high spirits on Saturday although they will meet a home side fresh from ending Tonbridge Juddians' unbeaten record.
- 1 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 2 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 6 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
- 7 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 8 Property Secrets: St Albans Green councillor Simon Grover
- 9 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 10 Youngsters star in Watford win much to delight of St Albans City boss Ian Allinson