Another close game but Old Albanian fall to narrow loss against Taunton Titans
- Credit: Archant
When Old Albanian travelled to Taunton Titans in October the hosts picked up the win by just two points.
The Somerset side won again in the return on Saturday but this time it was just a one-point gap, 23-22 the final score.
Albanians had their now almost traditional slow start and Taunton took every opportunity presented to them.
Ratu Vakalutukali bagged a try and Gary Kingdom kicked a penalty before converting Oscar Kolowski's score for a 15-0 lead.
But by half-time OAs had dragged themselves level. Alex Ricci and Ollie Stonham scored the tries while like Kingdom, Morgan Thompson kicked a penalty and conversion.
You may also want to watch:
The hosts spent much of the second period inside Titans territory but a succession of indiscretions allowed Taunton to escape with Kingdom opting for and successfully landing a kick for an 18-15 lead.
Albanian still took the battle to Taunton, however, lost possession on halfway allowed Vakalutukali to tear in for his second.
- 1 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 Parents condemn Oaklands' decision to close nursery as a 'travesty'
- 6 London Colney in 'a good place' as they look for a season of redemption
- 7 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 8 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 9 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 10 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
With time almost up it appeared as if the bonus point had been lost but Tom Bednall rescued matters with a break and his pass put Thompson across the line close enough to convert his own score.