Old Albanian U15s win county title
- Credit: Archant
Old Albanian Cricket Club U15s have won the County Summer League with a 34-run success against Bishop’s Stortford at Broxbourne.
Having won the toss, OAs opted to bat, a decision which seemed to be a mistake as they were left reeling on 9-4 in the fifth over.
But they began to rebuild their innings and recovered to 67-5 after 12 overs.
Confidence returned to OAs batting with notable innings from Dominic Young, Asad Shah, Freddie Wilkinson and Ali Hassan who cleared the ropes a couple of times.
By the end of their 20 overs Albanians had reached 137-7.
You may also want to watch:
Bishop’s Stortford’s reply was solid as they reached 34 without loss after six overs and kept the pressure up by moving the score on to 83-2 after 11 overs.
But with two Stortford batsmen retiring having reached their 25 runs, the run rate soon slowed and more wickets fell as the run chase ensued.
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 5 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 6 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 7 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 8 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 9 Cheers! Great Northern pub set to host beer and cider festival
- 10 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
Accurate bowling from Brendan Warren, Jack Ridings, Henry Farr and Will Davis tightened the noose and eventually they finished on 103-7 in the 16th over with Kai Chan taking the winning catch for Old Albanians.
Ross Weaver and Noah Charsley Smith, who were the main contributors in the winning semi-final earlier in the week, made up the 11 players for the final.