Old Albanian U15s win county title
- Credit: Archant
Old Albanian Cricket Club U15s have won the County Summer League with a 34-run success against Bishop’s Stortford at Broxbourne.
Having won the toss, OAs opted to bat, a decision which seemed to be a mistake as they were left reeling on 9-4 in the fifth over.
But they began to rebuild their innings and recovered to 67-5 after 12 overs.
Confidence returned to OAs batting with notable innings from Dominic Young, Asad Shah, Freddie Wilkinson and Ali Hassan who cleared the ropes a couple of times.
By the end of their 20 overs Albanians had reached 137-7.
You may also want to watch:
Bishop’s Stortford’s reply was solid as they reached 34 without loss after six overs and kept the pressure up by moving the score on to 83-2 after 11 overs.
But with two Stortford batsmen retiring having reached their 25 runs, the run rate soon slowed and more wickets fell as the run chase ensued.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 5 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 6 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 7 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Look! Sneak peek inside Harpenden's new Eric Morecambe Centre
Accurate bowling from Brendan Warren, Jack Ridings, Henry Farr and Will Davis tightened the noose and eventually they finished on 103-7 in the 16th over with Kai Chan taking the winning catch for Old Albanians.
Ross Weaver and Noah Charsley Smith, who were the main contributors in the winning semi-final earlier in the week, made up the 11 players for the final.