Old Albanian U15s win county title
- Credit: Archant
Old Albanian Cricket Club U15s have won the County Summer League with a 34-run success against Bishop’s Stortford at Broxbourne.
Having won the toss, OAs opted to bat, a decision which seemed to be a mistake as they were left reeling on 9-4 in the fifth over.
But they began to rebuild their innings and recovered to 67-5 after 12 overs.
Confidence returned to OAs batting with notable innings from Dominic Young, Asad Shah, Freddie Wilkinson and Ali Hassan who cleared the ropes a couple of times.
By the end of their 20 overs Albanians had reached 137-7.
Bishop’s Stortford’s reply was solid as they reached 34 without loss after six overs and kept the pressure up by moving the score on to 83-2 after 11 overs.
But with two Stortford batsmen retiring having reached their 25 runs, the run rate soon slowed and more wickets fell as the run chase ensued.
- 1 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 2 Recap: Rail delays through St Albans and Harpenden after train hits branch
- 3 The Crossrail connections to Hertfordshire which were never built
- 4 Jubilee garden opened at Harpenden primary school
- 5 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 6 School's generous donation to foodbank
- 7 Fire crews receive 'multiple' 999 calls amid large blaze at Welham Green
- 8 Breakaway Theatre Company returns with an enjoyable day at the races in Ladies' Day
- 9 St Albans garden centre dedicates fundraising year to Brain Tumour Research
- 10 Goods worth more than £260 in total stolen from St Albans Co-op store
Accurate bowling from Brendan Warren, Jack Ridings, Henry Farr and Will Davis tightened the noose and eventually they finished on 103-7 in the 16th over with Kai Chan taking the winning catch for Old Albanians.
Ross Weaver and Noah Charsley Smith, who were the main contributors in the winning semi-final earlier in the week, made up the 11 players for the final.