Old Albanian U11s enjoy Twickenham chance
OLD ALBANIAN U11s enjoyed a once in a lifetime opportunity to walk out in front of a sold out Twickenham crowd at the Aviva Premiership final.
Sponsor Land Rover gave this unique opportunity to the youngsters after they won the Saracens Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup.
The enthusiasts got to watch the exciting battle where Harlequins were crowned champions.
Not only did they get to see their heroes play at the home of England Rugby, but they got to parade around the pitch at half-time to celebrate their own Premiership Rugby Cup win.
Commenting on their support of the competition, Laura Schwab, marketing director of Land Rover UK, said: “Today is a very special day for everyone at Land Rover.
You may also want to watch:
“It gives us great delight that through the Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup these young, aspiring rugby players are able to fulfil a dream and come to Twickenham.
“The tournament is a significant initiative of which we are very proud, and which provides a unique opportunity for young players to channel their enthusiasm for the sport and to play in a national tournament.”
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 5 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 6 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 7 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 8 Mouth of the Tyne: St Albans City don't do lower league opposition but keep bringing them on
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Look! Sneak peek inside Harpenden's new Eric Morecambe Centre
Old Albanian RFC won this opportunity when the team took part in a series of games which concluded in an exciting final which ended in a draw with the in-form Ealing Trailfinders.
The Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup is part of Land Rover’s ongoing support for grassroots rugby.
The tournament, which began in 2008, is officiated by Premiership Rugby and run in conjunction with all 12 Premiership clubs.
Through this, over 33,000 aspiring young players take part in U11 and U12 festivals all over the country.