Old Albanian trio get England Counties nod
- Credit: Archant
Spiers, Berry and McNamee to feature in two-game tour of Romania
A trio of Old Albanian players have been selected in a 27-strong England Counties squad for a two-match tour of Romania in June.
James Spiers, Andrew Berry and Hertfordshire skipper Brett McNamee are three of five Hertfordshire players in the squad. The others are Henry Robinson of Darlington Mowden Park and centre Sam Winter of Bishop’s Stortford.
Players were chosen for the tour on the back of impressive displays in the recent county championships. Working with representatives from all counties, the selection committee was hard pressed to squeeze the squad down to 27 due to such a high standard in this year’s competition.
The squad has 10 counties represented in all, and includes 15 debutants, who will hope to make an immediate impact next week.
You may also want to watch:
England Counties play CSM Bucuresti on Friday, June 5 and Romania A on Tuesday, June 9.
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 3 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 4 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 7 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 8 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 9 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans