Old Albanian trio get England Counties nod
- Credit: Archant
Spiers, Berry and McNamee to feature in two-game tour of Romania
A trio of Old Albanian players have been selected in a 27-strong England Counties squad for a two-match tour of Romania in June.
James Spiers, Andrew Berry and Hertfordshire skipper Brett McNamee are three of five Hertfordshire players in the squad. The others are Henry Robinson of Darlington Mowden Park and centre Sam Winter of Bishop’s Stortford.
Players were chosen for the tour on the back of impressive displays in the recent county championships. Working with representatives from all counties, the selection committee was hard pressed to squeeze the squad down to 27 due to such a high standard in this year’s competition.
The squad has 10 counties represented in all, and includes 15 debutants, who will hope to make an immediate impact next week.
You may also want to watch:
England Counties play CSM Bucuresti on Friday, June 5 and Romania A on Tuesday, June 9.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Carillon Chamber Choir's farewell concert in St Albans