Annual memorial event reminds players of the joy of playing tennis
- Credit: OA TENNIS
A memorial tournament at Old Albanian Tennis Club brought plenty of players out to enjoy the hard-fought competition and the community feel.
The event is held annually to remember Sue Barnes, one of the club's founding members.
A spokeswoman said: "Sue loved playing tennis to a high competitive level and was also an integral member of the OAs rugby fraternity.
"She was never far from a court and served as the membership secretary for many years."
Matt Hume, a club member and team player for over 15 years, said “It was great to play alongside such a diverse range of kids and adults, of all abilities. I really enjoyed the day.
"After a tough last couple of years it’s wonderful to see so many people pop in and simply have fun playing tennis, be they established stalwarts of the club, beginners, rusty former players, potential new members or competitors.
"All are welcome, come and see for yourself."
For more information email Margie Edge at firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.oatennis.com
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 5 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Black History Month: 'I am connected to the world by a multitude of threads'
- 8 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 9 Revealed: The most popular places in Hertfordshire to move to
- 10 St Albans man's charity walk in memory of dad who died following heart attack