The Old Albanian Saints juggernaut rolls on as Beckenham are the latest to fall
- Credit: Archant
Old Albanian Saints remain top of the Women’s Championship Division Two South East after a crushing 65-5 win over Beckenham.
It was a strong and controlled performance against their physical visitors which saw Saints run in 11 tries.
Eight of them arrived before half-time, Steph Plunkett and Siobhan Drummond leading the way with two each and Alice Finn, Claire McKenna, Emma Cooke and Kate Skelton adding one.
Drummond got her third after the break and Skelton her second before Bethany Saunders got the last try.
She converted that herself, adding to the four kicks by Plunkett in the first period.
You may also want to watch:
Head coach Darran Brown Said “The players were challenged to back up their performance against OEs and they delivered.
“We now have the task of refocusing ready for Medway, who despite a few loses this season will feel confident being at home and their recent close scores.”
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 3 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 9 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 10 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor