Old Albanian Saints get the win but performance ‘can be better’ says coach
- Credit: Archant
Old Albanian Saints went top of the Women’s Championship South East Division Two table with a 21-7 win over Hammersmith & Fulham but head coach Darran Brown wants a better performance.
All three tries were scored by Robyn King with Katie Robertson converting them all but the OA boss was not completely happy.
He said: “Although I’m happy with the result, the performance can be better. We are creating chances but we’re not clinical enough at this stage to make teams pay.
“Hammersmith are a good side and pushed us hard throughout but the penalty count was too high and the stop-start nature of that slowed us down, when really we should be putting the gas on.
“We’ll be working on two or three key points this week that both the coaches and players feel will make a difference.
You may also want to watch:
“And we will be ready for the trip to Hampstead on Sunday.”
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 3 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 4 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 7 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 8 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 10 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public