Old Albanian Saints get the win but performance ‘can be better’ says coach
- Credit: Archant
Old Albanian Saints went top of the Women’s Championship South East Division Two table with a 21-7 win over Hammersmith & Fulham but head coach Darran Brown wants a better performance.
All three tries were scored by Robyn King with Katie Robertson converting them all but the OA boss was not completely happy.
He said: “Although I’m happy with the result, the performance can be better. We are creating chances but we’re not clinical enough at this stage to make teams pay.
“Hammersmith are a good side and pushed us hard throughout but the penalty count was too high and the stop-start nature of that slowed us down, when really we should be putting the gas on.
“We’ll be working on two or three key points this week that both the coaches and players feel will make a difference.
“And we will be ready for the trip to Hampstead on Sunday.”
- 1 St Albans restaurant wins big in Curry Oscars
- 2 Property Spotlight: A stunning pub conversion in central St Albans
- 3 Sexual assault onboard train to Harpenden
- 4 Founding CAMRA pub is on the market
- 5 Rearranged waste and recycling bin collection dates for Christmas and January in St Albans
- 6 Boreham Wood 4-0 St Albans City: FA Cup fairy tale comes to an end for The Saints
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Camp area of St Albans
- 8 St Albans gang members jailed for running cannabis factory network
- 9 Gift shop's £20K donation to cancer charity
- 10 Enjoy Christmas carols with ukuleles and a brass band in St Albans park