Dramatic win for Old Albanian at Worthing sealed with Morgan Thompson’s kick
- Credit: Archant
You only have to be in front for one second to claim a victory and Old Albanian did just that with a last-gasp 30-29 success at Worthing.
They had trailed since the eighth minute and were still behind when Morgan Thompson faced the posts for a final kick.
But his aim was true and the whistle sounded as soon as the flags were raised.
It had been a slow start for OAs and they trailed 19-5 until the dying moments of the first-half before Conor Gracey and Harry Cavlan scored tries, Cavlan getting his second of the day, to reduce the gap to four.
Another bright start to a half gave Worthing their bonus-point score and the two sides then traded tries, Rob Calder for OAs bonus point.
You may also want to watch:
Twelve minutes remained at this point but Chris Napier and a first conversion from Thompson got Albanian to within two.
A sin-bin handed them the advantage and a penalty within Thompson's range brought the dramatic victory.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 3 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 6 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 7 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 8 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 9 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 10 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?