Dramatic win for Old Albanian at Worthing sealed with Morgan Thompson’s kick
- Credit: Archant
You only have to be in front for one second to claim a victory and Old Albanian did just that with a last-gasp 30-29 success at Worthing.
They had trailed since the eighth minute and were still behind when Morgan Thompson faced the posts for a final kick.
But his aim was true and the whistle sounded as soon as the flags were raised.
It had been a slow start for OAs and they trailed 19-5 until the dying moments of the first-half before Conor Gracey and Harry Cavlan scored tries, Cavlan getting his second of the day, to reduce the gap to four.
Another bright start to a half gave Worthing their bonus-point score and the two sides then traded tries, Rob Calder for OAs bonus point.
You may also want to watch:
Twelve minutes remained at this point but Chris Napier and a first conversion from Thompson got Albanian to within two.
A sin-bin handed them the advantage and a penalty within Thompson's range brought the dramatic victory.
- 1 More things which have gone but are not forgotten in St Albans
- 2 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament
- 3 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 4 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 5 Your school heroes - praise for teachers and support staff during third lockdown
- 6 Restaurant delivers food to households self-isolating due to Covid
- 7 St Albans City game at Dulwich Hamlet postponed due to positive test in Londoners' squad
- 8 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 9 Property Spotlight: A stunning conversion in the heart of Harpenden
- 10 COVID-19 accounted for over 15 per cent of St Albans' deaths, says ONS data