Dramatic win for Old Albanian at Worthing sealed with Morgan Thompson’s kick
- Credit: Archant
You only have to be in front for one second to claim a victory and Old Albanian did just that with a last-gasp 30-29 success at Worthing.
They had trailed since the eighth minute and were still behind when Morgan Thompson faced the posts for a final kick.
But his aim was true and the whistle sounded as soon as the flags were raised.
It had been a slow start for OAs and they trailed 19-5 until the dying moments of the first-half before Conor Gracey and Harry Cavlan scored tries, Cavlan getting his second of the day, to reduce the gap to four.
Another bright start to a half gave Worthing their bonus-point score and the two sides then traded tries, Rob Calder for OAs bonus point.
Twelve minutes remained at this point but Chris Napier and a first conversion from Thompson got Albanian to within two.
A sin-bin handed them the advantage and a penalty within Thompson's range brought the dramatic victory.
- 1 St Albans gang members jailed for running cannabis factory network
- 2 Where and when can you see Santa's float in St Albans?
- 3 Man wanted for criminal damage at The Horn pub
- 4 Area Guide: The popular Camp area of St Albans
- 5 Restaurant review: Christmas at The Ivy in St Albans
- 6 Enjoy Christmas carols with ukuleles and a brass band in St Albans park
- 7 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 8 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 9 St Albans city centre road closures reduce spaces for Blue Badge holders
- 10 Hit and run on deadly Redbourn Road