Old Albanian turn on the style to dispose of hapless Westcliff
- Credit: KARYN HADDON
Old Albanian put hosts Westcliff to the sword with a comprehensive victory in National Two South.
The Southend-based club are already proving to be the whipping boys of the division but they still needed to be beat, and OAs were at their clinical best in the 89-0 success.
Over half the damage was done in the opening half as scrum-half Elliott McPhun and his number 10 Dan Watt spread the rewards evenly amongst their back-line colleagues.
Watt was the only one of the back division not to bag a try but he did kick 12 conversions in total and seven before half-time.
Alex Ricci helped himself to a hat-trick of scores while there were doubles for Jonno Wicks and Alex Noot.
Single tries came the way of Mike Bond, Tom Mills, Nic Defeo, McPhun, Chris Napier and Sam Jones.
Coach Dan George pronounced himself delighted with the attitude and attention to detail of his charges, especially those players more used to life with the second string whose keenness will have intensified courtesy of this outing.
- 1 Man wanted for criminal damage at The Horn pub
- 2 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 3 St Albans named among UK's best places for Christmas activities
- 4 Hit and run on deadly Redbourn Road
- 5 St Albans city centre road closures reduce spaces for Blue Badge holders
- 6 Community design group 'ignored' over Alban Arena redevelopment
- 7 Luton Airport expansion approved despite passionate opposition
- 8 St Albans gang members jailed for running cannabis factory network
- 9 Sexual assault onboard train to Harpenden
- 10 St Albans council urges Hertsmere to rethink plans for Bowmans Cross