Bonus points not enough as Old Albanian miss out again in narrow loss to Leicester Lions
- Credit: Archant
Old Albanian kept up their record as the bonus point kings but they would gladly swap that record for a victory after losing in another narrow game – this one 10-8 at home to Leicester Lions.
The losing point at Woollams was their 20th of the season, more than anyone else in National Two South, but they weren't able to clinch the win despite late pressure.
OAs had been taught a lesson in power and precision when the two sides met in September but this contest was equally contested with the home defence in fine form.
Only eight points arrived in the first half, Lions opening the scoring with an unconverted Ethan Godefroy effort while Joe Butler kicked a penalty for the hosts.
Harry Glynn added Leicester's second try of the game on 50 minutes but that was cancelled out by a Jonno Wicks score.
You may also want to watch:
The final 20 minutes was spent mostly in midfield although Albanian did push for a late winner, only to be turned away by frantic Lions defence on their own line.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 5 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 6 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 9 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 10 Shortages crisis hits district