Esher prove all the reports accurate as they take the scalp of Old Albanian
- Credit: DANNY LOO PHOTOGRAPHY
All recent intel suggests that Esher are heading in the right direction this season - and Old Albanian were unable to put any dents in that assessment after a 41-21 defeat in Surrey.
OAs head Coach Dan George labelled the home side the best his charges have faced all season as they outscored the Hertfordshire visitors by six tries to three.
The first period was relatively even and Elliott McPhun and Alex Noot had their smart efforts improved by Dan Watt for the side to trail by just three points.
But from there the Esher machine gradually but inexorably pulled away.
Seventeen points were added in the opening period of the second half, ending the game as a contest.
Albanian didn't throw in the towel though and manfully fought back in search of two more tries and at least one bonus point.
Alex Ricci got one of them, with Watt again kicking the conversion, but the winger suffered a dislocated shoulder in the act of scoring and Albanian were unable to find another try in the last 10 minutes.
- 1 Recap: Rail delays through St Albans and Harpenden after train hits branch
- 2 Fire crews receive 'multiple' 999 calls amid large blaze at Welham Green
- 3 Jubilee garden opened at Harpenden primary school
- 4 St Albans garden centre dedicates fundraising year to Brain Tumour Research
- 5 Goods worth more than £260 in total stolen from St Albans Co-op store
- 6 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 7 School's generous donation to foodbank
- 8 The Crossrail connections to Hertfordshire which were never built
- 9 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 10 Breakaway Theatre Company returns with an enjoyable day at the races in Ladies' Day
They sit sixth in the table, one place above Leicester Lions who they host at Woollams on Saturday.