Home comforts go missing again as Old Albanian beaten by Barnes
- Credit: KARYN HADDON
Old Albanian's up and down season continued as a superb win away to Guernsey was followed by a disappointing loss at home to Barnes.
Four of their six defeats so far in National Two South have come at Woollams and the Londoners stuck to their guns throughout an uninspiring match to claim a 35-19 win.
Their was a lack of precision in the Albanian play and Barnes took full advantage of the opportunities presented.
They started well enough but without scoring and by the time Alex Noot opened their account with four minutes of the half remaining, Barnes were 14 points to the good and had seen a penalty come back off the post.
OAs restarted the game in the second period by putting the ball straight into touch and the visitors punished them again with five more points.
Elliott McPhun collected a Chris West cross-field kick for five more points, Jonno Wicks converting that one, but Barnes put the match out of reach in an eight-minute spell with two penalties and a converted try.
Dan Watt got try number three of OAs but there was still three more points for the opposition before the final whistle.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 3 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 4 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 5 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 6 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 7 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 8 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 9 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 10 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson