Old Albanian start new season at home after National Two South fixture details announced
- Credit: Archant
After a season of consolidation Old Albanian will begin their hunt for promotion from National Two South at home.
The Woollams-based rugby club finished 10th in their first season back in the division after suffering relegation.
But they will be hoping for a much better year when they kick off against head coach Gavin Hogg's old club Bury St Edmunds on September 7.
Their first away trip is to Leicester Lions who have been moved across from Division Two North.
Leicester will be the final visitors to Woollams in 2019 when they visit on December 21 while the first game of 2020 takes OAs to Sutton & Epsom, promoted as champions from the London Premier Division.
You may also want to watch:
Other new opposition include Bournemouth with the long trip to the south coast coming on January 18.
Dings Crusaders provide the opposition for Albanian's final home game of the season on April 18 with the return match against Bury rounding off the year one week later.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 5 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 8 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 9 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 10 New vicar comes to Harpenden church