Old Albanian romp to impressive victory over doomed London Irish Wild Geese
- Credit: Archant
Old Albanian rubbed salt in the London Irish Wild Geese wound with an overwhelming 61-5 win.
The Irish have already been relegated from National Two South after a disappointing season but OAs showed no mercy, scoring with almost all of their opportunities.
Vice captain Dan Watt scored over half the OA points with four of the nine tries and seven conversions.
Albanians were two tries to the good courtesy of Watt and Tobias Munday before Richard Townsend crossed for the hosts’ only score.
From there it was pretty much one way traffic with Albanian showing too much power in the tight phases and too much guile in broken play.
Charlie Hughes, Alex Ricci and Luke Barber were the other men who crossed the Irish whitewash while Morgan Thompson added a conversion.
This morale boosting performance should hearten the side before the visit of fourth-placed Henley on Saturday.
- 1 Seventies St Albans is backdrop to new novel about secret Nazi treasure
- 2 Extinction Rebellion protestors scale roof of Barclays in St Albans
- 3 Batchwood Golf Course to be redesigned after houses hit by balls
- 4 Local restaurants snap up accolades in Curry Awards
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 1,000 new homes planned next to village
- 7 St Albans haberdashery store celebrates 50 years
- 8 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 9 Future of Harpenden Public Halls site revealed
- 10 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
They notched 10 tries against Guernsey but gave away a bonus point in the process.