Old Albanian romp to impressive victory over doomed London Irish Wild Geese
- Credit: Archant
Old Albanian rubbed salt in the London Irish Wild Geese wound with an overwhelming 61-5 win.
The Irish have already been relegated from National Two South after a disappointing season but OAs showed no mercy, scoring with almost all of their opportunities.
Vice captain Dan Watt scored over half the OA points with four of the nine tries and seven conversions.
Albanians were two tries to the good courtesy of Watt and Tobias Munday before Richard Townsend crossed for the hosts’ only score.
From there it was pretty much one way traffic with Albanian showing too much power in the tight phases and too much guile in broken play.
You may also want to watch:
Charlie Hughes, Alex Ricci and Luke Barber were the other men who crossed the Irish whitewash while Morgan Thompson added a conversion.
This morale boosting performance should hearten the side before the visit of fourth-placed Henley on Saturday.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 3 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 6 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 7 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 8 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 9 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 10 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
They notched 10 tries against Guernsey but gave away a bonus point in the process.