Old Albanian overcome industrious Clifton to record bonus-point win
- Credit: Archant
Old Albanian kept their perfect National League record over Clifton intact – but needed a big effort to overcome their industrious hosts.
The teams shared nine tries in total, picking up a bonus-point each, as OAs battled to a 31-24 success.
But it was Clifton who started the better, assaulting the Albanian line for close to 15 minutes before getting the score through Chris Levesley, converted by Brad Barnes.
But from there OAs rolled their sleeves up and tries from Tobias Munday and Alex Ricci gave them a 10-7 lead at half-time.
Clifton retook the lead again with a repeat of the Levesley/Barnes combo but two tries in five minutes from Ash Illston and Aaron Martinez, both converted by Dan Watt, turned the game towards the away side.
You may also want to watch:
Lloyd Anderson added a fifth-try, again converted by Watt, but the Bristol-based hosts still managed to grab two bonus points themselved thanks to late scores.
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 3 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 9 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 10 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues