Old Albanian overcome industrious Clifton to record bonus-point win
- Credit: Archant
Old Albanian kept their perfect National League record over Clifton intact – but needed a big effort to overcome their industrious hosts.
The teams shared nine tries in total, picking up a bonus-point each, as OAs battled to a 31-24 success.
But it was Clifton who started the better, assaulting the Albanian line for close to 15 minutes before getting the score through Chris Levesley, converted by Brad Barnes.
But from there OAs rolled their sleeves up and tries from Tobias Munday and Alex Ricci gave them a 10-7 lead at half-time.
Clifton retook the lead again with a repeat of the Levesley/Barnes combo but two tries in five minutes from Ash Illston and Aaron Martinez, both converted by Dan Watt, turned the game towards the away side.
You may also want to watch:
Lloyd Anderson added a fifth-try, again converted by Watt, but the Bristol-based hosts still managed to grab two bonus points themselved thanks to late scores.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 10 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development