Size does matter as Old Albanian lose to heavier Old Redcliffians
- Credit: DANNY LOO
Size does matter seemed to be the message as Old Albanian suffered a 21-8 loss away to Old Redcliffians.
The Bristol-based hosts had by far the larger pack and although the smaller visitors battled heroically for the first hour of the National Two South clash, even larger replacements for the final quarter ensured kickable penalties won at the scrum.
It formed the difference between the two sides as up until that point OAs were not unhappy with their showing and took the plaudits for a more effective performance in the first half.
Morgan Thompson used the wind effectively to pin his opponents back and Alex Ricci took advantage wide out on the left for the opening try.
Roddy Giles couldn't quite manage the tricky conversion but he did nail a penalty as they took a 8-5 lead into half-time.
But a try for Dan Fry on 55 minutes, converted by Ashley Groves, plus three penalties kicked following those scrum infringements took OAs away from a bonus point.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's West Common
- 5 London Colney children will be going nuts for this new Scouts group
- 6 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 9 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 10 Video shows thief stealing parcel from St Albans home doorstep