Size does matter as Old Albanian lose to heavier Old Redcliffians
- Credit: DANNY LOO
Size does matter seemed to be the message as Old Albanian suffered a 21-8 loss away to Old Redcliffians.
The Bristol-based hosts had by far the larger pack and although the smaller visitors battled heroically for the first hour of the National Two South clash, even larger replacements for the final quarter ensured kickable penalties won at the scrum.
It formed the difference between the two sides as up until that point OAs were not unhappy with their showing and took the plaudits for a more effective performance in the first half.
Morgan Thompson used the wind effectively to pin his opponents back and Alex Ricci took advantage wide out on the left for the opening try.
Roddy Giles couldn't quite manage the tricky conversion but he did nail a penalty as they took a 8-5 lead into half-time.
You may also want to watch:
But a try for Dan Fry on 55 minutes, converted by Ashley Groves, plus three penalties kicked following those scrum infringements took OAs away from a bonus point.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 3 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 4 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 5 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 6 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 10 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans