Drubbing by Clifton teaches Old Albanian a valuable lesson
- Credit: DANNY LOO
Clifton have had a better start to this season than Old Albanian and this 43-7 drubbing of the Woollams men will give them confidence going into the Christmas period.
It will also serve notice to anyone who didn't know that successful rugby depends on a strong set-piece. Clifton had it and Albanian struggled to keep pace.
It seemed for some time that OAs were in with a shout as three points separated the protagonists at half-time.
A missed tackle in midfield allowed Alex Lambert to score for Clifton, Brad Barnes converting that and adding a penalty.
At this stage OAs were winning the territorial tussle and had a fair share of possession and it was no surprise when a dogged attack ended in a penalty try.
You may also want to watch:
But that was as close as they got and 12 minutes into the second period, Clifton started to power away.
A penalty try was added by other scores by two from Henry Harper, Niall Gibbons and Finlay Sharp. Barnes and Tom Jones notched a conversion each.
- 1 Injunction served on Redbourn site to prevent any development
- 2 Hundreds of trees felled on Green Belt site 'to make way for travellers camp'
- 3 PTA gifts a bear to more than 300 pupils to commemorate return to school
- 4 'Out of touch' government demands more houses in St Albans
- 5 The latest court results from the St Albans area
- 6 Man assaulted in 'unprovoked attack in broad daylight' in St Albans
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Hertfordshire village of Knebworth
- 8 What's happening with district's vaccine supplies? St Albans MP is seeking answers
- 9 Which areas of St Albans district have seen the most people vaccinated?
- 10 Man in his 40s dies after crash between bus and car