Drubbing by Clifton teaches Old Albanian a valuable lesson
- Credit: DANNY LOO
Clifton have had a better start to this season than Old Albanian and this 43-7 drubbing of the Woollams men will give them confidence going into the Christmas period.
It will also serve notice to anyone who didn't know that successful rugby depends on a strong set-piece. Clifton had it and Albanian struggled to keep pace.
It seemed for some time that OAs were in with a shout as three points separated the protagonists at half-time.
A missed tackle in midfield allowed Alex Lambert to score for Clifton, Brad Barnes converting that and adding a penalty.
At this stage OAs were winning the territorial tussle and had a fair share of possession and it was no surprise when a dogged attack ended in a penalty try.
You may also want to watch:
But that was as close as they got and 12 minutes into the second period, Clifton started to power away.
A penalty try was added by other scores by two from Henry Harper, Niall Gibbons and Finlay Sharp. Barnes and Tom Jones notched a conversion each.
- 1 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?
- 2 Hitchin and Harpenden MP responds to questions over new £2,500 a month part-time role
- 3 Why is there a 50mph speed limit on small section of A414?
- 4 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament
- 5 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
- 6 Increase in electric car charging points thanks to new partnership
- 7 Row over new barriers blocking path for wheelchair users
- 8 Row over charges for garden waste continues
- 9 St Albans named among Britain’s hottest property markets
- 10 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England