Old Albanian hopeful of a better New Year after stirring performance against Ampthill
- Credit: Archant
A stirring performance in a 35-35 draw with high-flying Ampthill will give Old Albanian plenty to be hopeful for heading into the New Year.
As so often this season though OAs started slowly and James Pritchard opened the scoring with a simple penalty eight minutes in added to by a try from Peter Weightman another eight minutes later.
Tom Bednall opened the OA account with a penalty, Pritchard then crossed for the visitors before Nigel Baker touched down.
Bednall’s sharp drop goal left Albanian’s trailing 20-6 at the break.
The second-half was much better though. Nick Foster collected a cross-field kick for their first try before five minutes of mayhem saw five tries, three to Ampthill, Sean Refell and Sam Lunnon replying for Albanain.
You may also want to watch:
A Bednall penalty put the hosts within seven and his conversion after Jack Daly’s try sent Woollams into bedlam.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 4 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 9 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25