Old Albanian hopeful of a better New Year after stirring performance against Ampthill
- Credit: Archant
A stirring performance in a 35-35 draw with high-flying Ampthill will give Old Albanian plenty to be hopeful for heading into the New Year.
As so often this season though OAs started slowly and James Pritchard opened the scoring with a simple penalty eight minutes in added to by a try from Peter Weightman another eight minutes later.
Tom Bednall opened the OA account with a penalty, Pritchard then crossed for the visitors before Nigel Baker touched down.
Bednall’s sharp drop goal left Albanian’s trailing 20-6 at the break.
The second-half was much better though. Nick Foster collected a cross-field kick for their first try before five minutes of mayhem saw five tries, three to Ampthill, Sean Refell and Sam Lunnon replying for Albanain.
You may also want to watch:
A Bednall penalty put the hosts within seven and his conversion after Jack Daly’s try sent Woollams into bedlam.
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 3 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 4 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 7 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 8 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 9 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans