Old Albanian have to settle for Baldock draw
IN a rain-affected SHL Division Three encounter, Old Albanian secured a draw with Baldock.
Opening the batting, Albanian put on 135 all out from 39.2 overs, Ashan Ali top-scoring with 47.
In reply, and with Baldock’s overs reduced to 36, they batted out on 80-7 to secure a share of the spoils.
Ali was also the star performer with the ball as he finished with figures of 6-49.
After the previous week’s disappointment, OAs can be well satisfied with their strong showing, even if what would have been a deserved victory eluded them.
You may also want to watch:
As all but one of the other games in the division were called off (and only a handful of games in the whole league were played), OAs’ seven points resulted in a drop of one place in the league table to 10th as sides around them claimed their 10 rain-off points.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 6 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 7 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 8 Shortages crisis hits district
- 9 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 10 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers