Old Albanian have to settle for Baldock draw
IN a rain-affected SHL Division Three encounter, Old Albanian secured a draw with Baldock.
Opening the batting, Albanian put on 135 all out from 39.2 overs, Ashan Ali top-scoring with 47.
In reply, and with Baldock’s overs reduced to 36, they batted out on 80-7 to secure a share of the spoils.
Ali was also the star performer with the ball as he finished with figures of 6-49.
After the previous week’s disappointment, OAs can be well satisfied with their strong showing, even if what would have been a deserved victory eluded them.
You may also want to watch:
As all but one of the other games in the division were called off (and only a handful of games in the whole league were played), OAs’ seven points resulted in a drop of one place in the league table to 10th as sides around them claimed their 10 rain-off points.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall