Old Albanian draw with Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
MOZAMMAL HAYAT hit an unbeaten 38 for Old Albanian to force a draw against Stevenage.
The number six came in with OAs teetering on the brink of defeat at 69-4 after Chris Dobson (1), Azhet Mehmood (4), Zahid Khan (41) and Jack Reynolds (16) had all been dismissed.
Hayat put on 23-runs with Zahid Karim (15) for the fifth wicket before partnering the rest of the order all the way to a draw.
Having been asked to bowl, OA’s removed four of the top order for 77 runs, including a two-ball duck for Faraz Ul-Haq.
Laurie Brown (28) and Dave Morley (38) lifted Stevenage past the 100-run mark before the former was caught by Dobson off Khan’s bowling.
A late flurry of wickets saw the hosts fall from 135-6 to 154-9 – the final wicket sawe Hayat trap Martin Nevill for a golden duck – but Stevenage batted out their allotted overs.
Final score: Stevenage 2s (178-9) drew with Old Albanian (144-8)
- 1 Goods worth more than £260 in total stolen from St Albans Co-op store
- 2 Fire crews receive 'multiple' 999 calls amid large blaze at Welham Green
- 3 Rail delays through St Albans, Harpenden and Luton after train hits branch
- 4 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 5 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 6 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 7 Recap: Two crashes disrupting M1 and M25 drivers near St Albans
- 8 Church welcomes gay community event as part of St Albans Pub Pride
- 9 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 10 New play areas open at Harpenden parks
The pick of the bowlers for OAs were Hayat (3-40) and Ghulam Qureshi (3-25).
OAs travel to Potters Bar 2s on Saturday, 1pm start.