Old Albanian draw with Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
MOZAMMAL HAYAT hit an unbeaten 38 for Old Albanian to force a draw against Stevenage.
The number six came in with OAs teetering on the brink of defeat at 69-4 after Chris Dobson (1), Azhet Mehmood (4), Zahid Khan (41) and Jack Reynolds (16) had all been dismissed.
Hayat put on 23-runs with Zahid Karim (15) for the fifth wicket before partnering the rest of the order all the way to a draw.
Having been asked to bowl, OA’s removed four of the top order for 77 runs, including a two-ball duck for Faraz Ul-Haq.
Laurie Brown (28) and Dave Morley (38) lifted Stevenage past the 100-run mark before the former was caught by Dobson off Khan’s bowling.
You may also want to watch:
A late flurry of wickets saw the hosts fall from 135-6 to 154-9 – the final wicket sawe Hayat trap Martin Nevill for a golden duck – but Stevenage batted out their allotted overs.
Final score: Stevenage 2s (178-9) drew with Old Albanian (144-8)
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 5 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 6 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 7 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 8 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 9 Cheers! Great Northern pub set to host beer and cider festival
- 10 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
The pick of the bowlers for OAs were Hayat (3-40) and Ghulam Qureshi (3-25).
OAs travel to Potters Bar 2s on Saturday, 1pm start.