Old Albanian draw with Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
MOZAMMAL HAYAT hit an unbeaten 38 for Old Albanian to force a draw against Stevenage.
The number six came in with OAs teetering on the brink of defeat at 69-4 after Chris Dobson (1), Azhet Mehmood (4), Zahid Khan (41) and Jack Reynolds (16) had all been dismissed.
Hayat put on 23-runs with Zahid Karim (15) for the fifth wicket before partnering the rest of the order all the way to a draw.
Having been asked to bowl, OA’s removed four of the top order for 77 runs, including a two-ball duck for Faraz Ul-Haq.
Laurie Brown (28) and Dave Morley (38) lifted Stevenage past the 100-run mark before the former was caught by Dobson off Khan’s bowling.
You may also want to watch:
A late flurry of wickets saw the hosts fall from 135-6 to 154-9 – the final wicket sawe Hayat trap Martin Nevill for a golden duck – but Stevenage batted out their allotted overs.
Final score: Stevenage 2s (178-9) drew with Old Albanian (144-8)
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 5 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 8 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 9 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
The pick of the bowlers for OAs were Hayat (3-40) and Ghulam Qureshi (3-25).
OAs travel to Potters Bar 2s on Saturday, 1pm start.