Old Albanian selected for England Counties tour to Romania
- Credit: Archant
Old Albanian’s Dan Watt is one of four Hertfordshire players to be selected by England Counties for their tour to Romania.
The fly-half is joined by former Woollams favourite Karl Garside, now of Ampthill, as well as Hertford’s Sean Taylor and Bishop’s Stortford’s Tom Banks in the 29-man squad for the three-match trip.
Both Watt and Garside will be making their debuts for the side.
The tour begins with a match against CSM Bucharest tomorrow (Friday) before taking on Romania U23s and Romania A respectively on Tuesday and Friday, June 8.
They won’t just be playing though because as well as the games, the squad will be undertaking outreach work in Bucharest to help grow the game in Romania.
You may also want to watch:
England Counties is the flagship team of the community game in England and offers players from National League One and below the opportunity to represent their country.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 4 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 7 From supplying secret agents to headmaster's secretary, Patricia celebrates centenary
- 8 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 9 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 10 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash