Old Albanian Colts add county cup win to their undefeated league title success
- Credit: Archant
Old Albanian Colts added the county cup to an unbeaten league season after another thrilling clash with Hitchin.
The two teams had been separated by just three points in their league encounter and this time the gap was just two as OAs edged home 15-13.
Albanian struck first in the contest at Hertford with Jaiden Abrahams being driven over after superb work by the forwards.
But Hitchin hit back straight away and then took the lead with another try although crucially they were unable to add the conversion to either.
The highlight of the game though put OAs in front. Ferg Sherwood dummied his way into the 22 and with two more defenders beaten and another hanging off him, he dived over the line. Max Westcombe-Evans kicked the extras.
You may also want to watch:
Both teams landed a penalty after the break, Westcombe-Evans the scorer for As, but the Woollams youngsters were able to see the game out inside the Hitchin half.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Coursers Road, London Colney: Trailer flips over
- 5 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 6 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 9 Marford Road, Coleman Green Lane, Wheathampstead: Motorists hospitalised after crash
- 10 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans