Old Albanian Colts add county cup win to their undefeated league title success
- Credit: Archant
Old Albanian Colts added the county cup to an unbeaten league season after another thrilling clash with Hitchin.
The two teams had been separated by just three points in their league encounter and this time the gap was just two as OAs edged home 15-13.
Albanian struck first in the contest at Hertford with Jaiden Abrahams being driven over after superb work by the forwards.
But Hitchin hit back straight away and then took the lead with another try although crucially they were unable to add the conversion to either.
The highlight of the game though put OAs in front. Ferg Sherwood dummied his way into the 22 and with two more defenders beaten and another hanging off him, he dived over the line. Max Westcombe-Evans kicked the extras.
You may also want to watch:
Both teams landed a penalty after the break, Westcombe-Evans the scorer for As, but the Woollams youngsters were able to see the game out inside the Hitchin half.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 7 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 8 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 9 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 10 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'