Old Albanian Colts add county cup win to their undefeated league title success
- Credit: Archant
Old Albanian Colts added the county cup to an unbeaten league season after another thrilling clash with Hitchin.
The two teams had been separated by just three points in their league encounter and this time the gap was just two as OAs edged home 15-13.
Albanian struck first in the contest at Hertford with Jaiden Abrahams being driven over after superb work by the forwards.
But Hitchin hit back straight away and then took the lead with another try although crucially they were unable to add the conversion to either.
The highlight of the game though put OAs in front. Ferg Sherwood dummied his way into the 22 and with two more defenders beaten and another hanging off him, he dived over the line. Max Westcombe-Evans kicked the extras.
Both teams landed a penalty after the break, Westcombe-Evans the scorer for As, but the Woollams youngsters were able to see the game out inside the Hitchin half.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford
- 6 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 7 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 8 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 9 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
- 10 Allinson happy with the reaction from St Albans City in the draw at Chelmsford