Old Albanian appoint new head coach
- Credit: Archant
OLD ALBANIAN Rugby Club has announced that Andy Holloway will take over from James Shanahan as head coach with immediate effect.
Holloway spent last season as the team’s specialist scrum half coach under Shanahan so the club is hoping for a seamless change to the regime
Holloway said: “The second year in a new league is normally more difficult than the first because most of your opponents have had the opportunity to take a close look at how you play. You are no longer an unknown quantity.”
“We may want to add even more variety to an already varied playing style to combat this. There will certainly not be wholesale changes.”
The father-of-one has plenty of playing experience at National One and above having spent several years with Bedford Blues. He was subsequently player-coach at Southend. He also teamed up with Shanahan last season on the coaching staff at Cambridge University and both men have an expansive approach to the game. He is very keen to start helping Albanians to develop their impressive start in National One.
You may also want to watch:
Also announced at the AGM was the appointment of Rory Davis as Chairman. He paid tribute to Nick Hallett who held the post for the previous twelve months. Bruce Millar is to take the role of Director of Rugby.
- 1 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 4 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 5 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 6 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 7 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 8 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 9 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 10 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan