Old Albanian and Harpenden represented as Hertfordshire head to Twickenham for Bill Beaumont County Championship final
- Credit: Archant
Hertfordshire have named the same team that thumped Cornwall 50-0 to reach the final of the Bill Beaumont County Championship.
It means Old Albanian pair, Dan Watt and Chris West, will start against Lancashire at Twickenham on Sunday while Woollams team-mate Oli Walliker and Harpenden’s Luke Barber will enter the action from the bench.
It will be Hertfordshire’s third appearance in the County Championship, with the previous two both against Lancashire.
And although they lost 32-23 in 2011, they got their revenge a year later with a 38-30 success.
Under the guidance of head coach and former Welsh international Michael Owen, Herts have played some thrilling rugby this season, none more so than Sunday’s crushing victory at Hertford Rugby Club.
You may also want to watch:
West, Walliker and Barber all scored in an eight-try demolition that was their highest-ever victory over their Cornish visitors.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 5 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 6 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 7 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 Sustainable St Albans hosting Open Food Gardens event across district