Old Albanian and Harpenden represented as Hertfordshire head to Twickenham for Bill Beaumont County Championship final
- Credit: Archant
Hertfordshire have named the same team that thumped Cornwall 50-0 to reach the final of the Bill Beaumont County Championship.
It means Old Albanian pair, Dan Watt and Chris West, will start against Lancashire at Twickenham on Sunday while Woollams team-mate Oli Walliker and Harpenden’s Luke Barber will enter the action from the bench.
It will be Hertfordshire’s third appearance in the County Championship, with the previous two both against Lancashire.
And although they lost 32-23 in 2011, they got their revenge a year later with a 38-30 success.
Under the guidance of head coach and former Welsh international Michael Owen, Herts have played some thrilling rugby this season, none more so than Sunday’s crushing victory at Hertford Rugby Club.
You may also want to watch:
West, Walliker and Barber all scored in an eight-try demolition that was their highest-ever victory over their Cornish visitors.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 10 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears