Official opening of new courts at Salisbury Tennis Club marked with open day
- Credit: Getty Images/Comstock Images
Salisbury Tennis Club are set to hold an open day – as they mark the official opening of their new courts.
With the help of funding from the Lawn Tennis Association (LTA), the Salisbury Avenue club have been able to resurface their three macadam tennis courts with artificial grass.
The open day is for people of all standards and ages. You will get to meet the coach and try out the sport with fun activities.
There will also be a barbecue.
A spokesman for the club said: “One of our strongest desires is to promote healthy living and exercise in a social friendly environment, for all ages.
You may also want to watch:
“We believe the new surfaces will make a huge improvement to play and boost interest.
“The investment will allow our club to run more junior competitions, increase our player base and develop our community programmes.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 3 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 4 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 5 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 6 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 10 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
“We are dedicated to continuing our investments in grass roots and the community to grow the sport.
“Developing facilities for the whole community is integral to our mission to get more people playing more often.
“Salisbury Tennis Club is a great example of what investment through partnerships can offer.”
For more details contact Rob Negus on 07545 760 512 or by emailing RobNegusTennisAcademy@hotmail.com.
Alternatively use the club’s website www.salisburyltc.org.uk