Official opening of new courts at Salisbury Tennis Club marked with open day
- Credit: Getty Images/Comstock Images
Salisbury Tennis Club are set to hold an open day – as they mark the official opening of their new courts.
With the help of funding from the Lawn Tennis Association (LTA), the Salisbury Avenue club have been able to resurface their three macadam tennis courts with artificial grass.
The open day is for people of all standards and ages. You will get to meet the coach and try out the sport with fun activities.
There will also be a barbecue.
A spokesman for the club said: “One of our strongest desires is to promote healthy living and exercise in a social friendly environment, for all ages.
You may also want to watch:
“We believe the new surfaces will make a huge improvement to play and boost interest.
“The investment will allow our club to run more junior competitions, increase our player base and develop our community programmes.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Charity founder cancels Channel swim after suffering long Covid
“We are dedicated to continuing our investments in grass roots and the community to grow the sport.
“Developing facilities for the whole community is integral to our mission to get more people playing more often.
“Salisbury Tennis Club is a great example of what investment through partnerships can offer.”
For more details contact Rob Negus on 07545 760 512 or by emailing RobNegusTennisAcademy@hotmail.com.
Alternatively use the club’s website www.salisburyltc.org.uk