OAs’ U13s crowned league champions
- Credit: Archant
Old Albanian fought off a brave challenge from title rivals Ealing at Woolams on Sunday to be crowned Middx and Herts league champions.
The hosts turned around at the interval 17-0 to the good after fine efforts from Lear, Adams and a full length coast to coast solo blast from Grant, with Patrick converting Lear’s score.
Ealing now at some disadvantage, had a mountain to climb in the second period. A brief rally from the visitors reduced the deficit to 10 and proved a very decent Ealing outfit was not prepared to go down without a fight.
The OAs pack, who dominated throughout, had to ratchet it up a gear in response by relentlessly marching Ealing up the park. The visitors had no answer to the sheer power being unleashed. Eventually they conceded again as Ryland went over from close in, securing the bonus point, Cane celebrated with the conversion.
Ealing scored again with a well worked lineout bearing fruit before Adams went over again after some great hands through the OA backs set him free on the halfway line.
You may also want to watch:
Head Coach Tim Rees pronounced himself very happy with the way the championship has been achieved.
“The boys work tirelessly for eachother and it’s wonderful to see the sporting way they approach each game,” he said. “The skill level is extraordinary and now we must all ensure their potential is properly nurtured.”
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 3 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 4 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 7 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 8 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 9 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans