OAs U10s romp to Slough Festival victory
YOUTH RUGBY: OLD ALBANIANS U10s I swept all before them at last Sunday’s Slough Rugby Festival.
The team had a magnificent tournament, playing some of their best rugby of the season so far. With team spirit at a high, they won all of their games in the qualifying phase, without conceding any tries and scoring 22. They progressed through the semi-final by beating Maidenhead I and maintaining a clean sheet. A strong Bracknell I were their opponents in the final.
It was a fantastic game to watch, and OAs were outstanding as a team, with some intelligent and very determined rugby, running out eventual winners 20-0.
They were a great credit to their club and coaches Tim Rees and Jim Sherwood.
Also taking part were the U10s III who gave a very good account of themselves playing, in effect, in the second team tournament.
You may also want to watch:
In the qualifying phase they lost two games, including one very narrowly to the eventual finalists, won one and were unlucky not to progress to the next stage.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 3 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 6 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 7 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 8 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 9 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 10 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor