OAs U10s romp to Slough Festival victory
YOUTH RUGBY: OLD ALBANIANS U10s I swept all before them at last Sunday’s Slough Rugby Festival.
The team had a magnificent tournament, playing some of their best rugby of the season so far. With team spirit at a high, they won all of their games in the qualifying phase, without conceding any tries and scoring 22. They progressed through the semi-final by beating Maidenhead I and maintaining a clean sheet. A strong Bracknell I were their opponents in the final.
It was a fantastic game to watch, and OAs were outstanding as a team, with some intelligent and very determined rugby, running out eventual winners 20-0.
They were a great credit to their club and coaches Tim Rees and Jim Sherwood.
Also taking part were the U10s III who gave a very good account of themselves playing, in effect, in the second team tournament.
You may also want to watch:
In the qualifying phase they lost two games, including one very narrowly to the eventual finalists, won one and were unlucky not to progress to the next stage.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 4 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 5 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 9 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 10 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book