OAs U10s romp to Slough Festival victory
YOUTH RUGBY: OLD ALBANIANS U10s I swept all before them at last Sunday’s Slough Rugby Festival.
The team had a magnificent tournament, playing some of their best rugby of the season so far. With team spirit at a high, they won all of their games in the qualifying phase, without conceding any tries and scoring 22. They progressed through the semi-final by beating Maidenhead I and maintaining a clean sheet. A strong Bracknell I were their opponents in the final.
It was a fantastic game to watch, and OAs were outstanding as a team, with some intelligent and very determined rugby, running out eventual winners 20-0.
They were a great credit to their club and coaches Tim Rees and Jim Sherwood.
Also taking part were the U10s III who gave a very good account of themselves playing, in effect, in the second team tournament.
In the qualifying phase they lost two games, including one very narrowly to the eventual finalists, won one and were unlucky not to progress to the next stage.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 4 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 5 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 6 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 7 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 8 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 9 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 10 Area Guide: The busy Hertfordshire town of Hemel Hempstead