Credit in narrow defeat for Old Albanian at home to Henley
- Credit: Archant
A testing few weeks for Old Albanian began with a close fought but creditable 20-16 loss to Henley Hawks in National Two South.
The hosts at Woollams did have chances of victory but even despite the loss, they will probably be happier with their performance than the Hawks.
OAs were focused, ferocious and full of energy in the opening exchanges and the defence halted a number of strong, early attacks.
Morgan Thompson kicked two penalties in the first-half either side of a Tom Emery try to leave OAs 6-5 ahead at the break.
Nine minutes into the second period Jack Robinson gave the visitors the lead once more. Thompson added another three points to keep Albanians well in the hunt but Ben Bolster, a live wire all afternoon, replied with a penalty of his own and converted Scott White's try with 10 minutes left.
You may also want to watch:
Thompson finished the scoring with a try and conversion, earning a bonus point in the process.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 7 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 8 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 9 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 10 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'