OAs secure County title
CRICKET: OLD Albanians U10s won the Hertfordshire County U10s Hardball league at Datchworth Cricket Club.
OAs won the toss and opted to put Knebworth in to bat in their semi-final clash.
OAs got off to a good start taking three wickets in the first four overs with opening bowler Henry Farr doing the damage with two bowled and a direct hit run out by William Davis.
Knebworth consolidated with the next pairing but did lose a wicket when Oliver Driscoll bowled his opponent. The next Knebworth pairing did well taking the score to 223-5 but wickets continued to tumble as Ross Weaver got in on the act.
OAs contained Knebworth’s final pairing after Brendan Warren had taken two wickets as Knebworth recorded 229-7 after their allotted 16 overs.
You may also want to watch:
Weaver and Jacques Nolte Nel opened the batting for OAs taking the score to 211/1 after four overs. Farr and Dominic Maddison kept up the momentum, losing one wicket and despite Max Paul and Driscoll each losing a wicket, both were in positive figures taking OAs to 234-4 after 12 overs.
Brendan Warren and William Davis closed out the innings with a final display of batting adding 21 runs to take the score to a winning 255-5. The only set back was a run out in the allotted four overs as OAs beat Knebworth by 26 runs.
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 3 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 4 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 7 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 8 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 9 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
In the final Berkhamsted won the toss and chose to bat first.
Berkhamsted got off to a good start, but did lose two wickets – taken by Brendan Warren and Farr.
The opposition moved to 235-2 after eight overs but suffered a set back with a run out and another wicket bowled by Ross Weaver. Wickets by Brendan Warren (bowled) and Ross Weaver courtesy of an excellent catch from Farr at mid-on restricted Berko to a final score of 254-6.
Weaver and Nolte Nel opened the batting for OAs and took the score to 212-1 after four overs.
Farr and Maddison continued to build the innings taking the score before Driscoll and Paul came to the crease to build a match winning partnership in taking the score to 255-2 after 12 overs.
Brendan Warren and William Davis did an excellent job closing out the match for OAs taking as the closed on 271-2, to hand OAs a 16 run victory and with it the County title.