OAs move top with victory over Met Police
For the second time in three weeks, Old Albanians obliterated their SHL Division Two opposition away from Woollams.
Two weeks ago OAs smashed Northchurch by 151 runs and, following a loss to Preston, they returned to their relentless best against Met Police Bushey.
Having been asked to bat, Joe Regan (42) and Alf Rehman (14) steered OAs away from a potential pitfall when Ghulam Rasool (2) fell early.
Jack Reynolds was the star of the middle order, scoring a well crafted 105-ball 48 before he was bowled by Dan Nightingale. Zahid Khan and Zahid Karim added good knocks of 16 and 14 respectively but it was number nine Chris Dobson who put the gloss on the scoreline with a rapid 33 from 17 balls, including two sixes.
After the demoralising sight of Dobson smashing their bowling all over the park, Met Police’s reply got off to a disasterous start as they lost the first four wickets for 45 runs. Naseer Ahmed did the majority of the damage, taking three of the wickets.
Ahmed added Callum Littleboy to his haul to complete his four-wicket haul before Sagir Ahmed took his one and only wicket, dismissing Simon Hamilton.
The rout was completed in spectacular style as OAs took four wickets with the score on 104. Hayat took three of the four wickets to complete a four-for with Gyan Rhodes taking the other.
- 1 Person dies after being hit by a train between St Albans and London
- 2 Body of man in his 40s found in Hemel Hempstead
- 3 Car and moped crash in St Albans
- 4 Police 'concerned for welfare' of missing Hertfordshire teenager
- 5 Married at First Sight: St Albans' Whitney wants to walk down the aisle
- 6 Call for hosepipe ban to protect River Ver
- 7 Fresh call for safer crossing on route into city centre
- 8 St Albans Striders brave the heat to tackle numerous races
- 9 Main footpath closed while CCOS South work underway
- 10 Could community banking hub open in Harpenden?
The win puts OAs in pole position in Division Two, three points ahead of St Margaretsbury.