Old Albanian taught a valuable lesson in Leciester Lions defeat
- Credit: DANNY LOO
Consistency was the key as Leicester Lions subjected Old Albanian to a 38-7 defeat in National Two South.
The hosts were always just that fraction quicker in every facet of the game as the young visitors battled in vain to get a foothold.
Discipline also proved OAs downfall with 12 penalties conceded and two yellow cards received.
In contrast Leicester made few mistakes in that department and a simple uncomplicated gameplan led to more and more confidence the longer the match went on.
By the time OAs followed suit it was far too late and the contest was lost.
Luke Veebel and Nick Cairns both scored in the first-half for the hosts while second-row forward Ed Sumpter scored an astonishing hat-trick.
The last of which just after the hour mark encouraged his OA counterpart Ashley Ilston to bag the only visiting score, converted by Joe Butler, but Lions finished things off with a Will Ward try with 18 minutes still to play.
- 1 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 2 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 3 Video shows thief stealing parcel from St Albans home doorstep
- 4 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 5 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 6 St Albans Local Plan delayed to autumn 2025
- 7 Honest truths spilled in Saints dressing room after humbling FA Trophy defeat to Cheshunt
- 8 St Albans' Rachel Andrews stars alongside James Nesbitt and Eddie Izzard in new Netflix series Stay Close
- 9 This is Harpenden: faces of town's residents feature in new exhibition
- 10 Sex pervert jailed for six and a half years