Old Albanian taught a valuable lesson in Leciester Lions defeat
- Credit: DANNY LOO
Consistency was the key as Leicester Lions subjected Old Albanian to a 38-7 defeat in National Two South.
The hosts were always just that fraction quicker in every facet of the game as the young visitors battled in vain to get a foothold.
Discipline also proved OAs downfall with 12 penalties conceded and two yellow cards received.
In contrast Leicester made few mistakes in that department and a simple uncomplicated gameplan led to more and more confidence the longer the match went on.
By the time OAs followed suit it was far too late and the contest was lost.
You may also want to watch:
Luke Veebel and Nick Cairns both scored in the first-half for the hosts while second-row forward Ed Sumpter scored an astonishing hat-trick.
The last of which just after the hour mark encouraged his OA counterpart Ashley Ilston to bag the only visiting score, converted by Joe Butler, but Lions finished things off with a Will Ward try with 18 minutes still to play.
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 5 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 6 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 7 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 8 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 9 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 10 No cars mean children can play out in streets