Old Albanian taught a valuable lesson in Leciester Lions defeat
- Credit: DANNY LOO
Consistency was the key as Leicester Lions subjected Old Albanian to a 38-7 defeat in National Two South.
The hosts were always just that fraction quicker in every facet of the game as the young visitors battled in vain to get a foothold.
Discipline also proved OAs downfall with 12 penalties conceded and two yellow cards received.
In contrast Leicester made few mistakes in that department and a simple uncomplicated gameplan led to more and more confidence the longer the match went on.
By the time OAs followed suit it was far too late and the contest was lost.
You may also want to watch:
Luke Veebel and Nick Cairns both scored in the first-half for the hosts while second-row forward Ed Sumpter scored an astonishing hat-trick.
The last of which just after the hour mark encouraged his OA counterpart Ashley Ilston to bag the only visiting score, converted by Joe Butler, but Lions finished things off with a Will Ward try with 18 minutes still to play.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Motorists who kill cats should be prosecuted, says St Albans family after pet's death
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 6 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 7 Area Guide: The Childwickbury estate explored
- 8 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 9 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 10 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020