OAs junior sides dominate Tag Festival
THERE was more success for the OAs junior sides at Tabard RFC where the U8s team swept the board at the Hertfordshire County Tag festival. After beating Cheshunt, Bishops Stortford, Tring and Hitchin on their way to the final, the A team won the County Cu
THERE was more success for the OAs junior sides at Tabard RFC where the U8s team swept the board at the Hertfordshire County Tag festival.
After beating Cheshunt, Bishops Stortford, Tring and Hitchin on their way to the final, the A team won the County Cup beating Hertford 9 - 6 with an outstanding all-round team performance.
Meanwhile OAs D team took the Shield and to complete a comprehensive day's success for the club, the B team drew 9 - 9 with Hertford in the final of the Plate, sharing the trophy and therefore taking home all the silverware.
On the way to the final, the B team scored 36 tries and only conceded nine in five games. The C team lost the plate semi-final only on a count back decision after a 5 - 5 draw.
You may also want to watch:
It was also a day of great success and pride for OAs U7s squad at Sunday's County Tag festival at Tabard. Old Albanians fielded five teams, the largest number of any club there - one in the Cup, three in the Plate, and one in the Shield.
The OAs U7s A team were runners-up in the Cup competition, narrowly losing 8-6 in an outstanding final against Hertford.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 4 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
In the Plate, the OAs B team were the winners, defeating Old Verulamiums A 7-5 in a thrilling final, after reaching the final unbeaten with wins against Cheshunt, Bishops Stortford, Hitchin, and Tring. The OAs C team reached the semi-final, narrowly losing out 5-4 to Old Verulamiums. The D team also performed very well against strong opposition in the group and secured a draw against Tabard's B team and a victory against Royston B.
In the Shield competition, OAs' E squad defeated teams from Tring C, Tring D, and Hertford D, topping the group jointly on points with Hertford C. They finally finished runners-up to Hertford C after a narrow loss 5-3.