OAs edged by Broxbourne
Broxbourne’s top order steered them to a 12-run victory over Old Albanian in Saracens Herts Division One.
Openers Chris Dawson (36) and Alex O’Sullivan (26) gave the hosts an excellent start at Mill Lane, which number three Robin Glassberg (29) built on to put Broxbourne in control of the match.
Gagan Dissanayake scored 27 in the middle order but OA’s bowlers did an excellent job of restricting six batsmen to single figures.
Ashan Ali led the way with four wickets but OAs were unable to take the final wicket which proved costly in the long run.
Opening the reply, Tom Lincoln hit eight fours before bowing out for a run-a-ball 32 after being trapped LBW by Liam Robinson (3-27).
You may also want to watch:
The top order then suffered a collapse leaving as OAs were 55-6 after 16 overs.
Moz Hayat (30) and Alf Rehman (35) set about steadying the ship and with further support from Zahid Karim (18), OAs closed in on the total.
- 1 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 4 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 5 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 6 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 7 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 8 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
Karim was run out and Rehman was caught to put an end to OA’s chase.