OAs edged by Broxbourne
Broxbourne’s top order steered them to a 12-run victory over Old Albanian in Saracens Herts Division One.
Openers Chris Dawson (36) and Alex O’Sullivan (26) gave the hosts an excellent start at Mill Lane, which number three Robin Glassberg (29) built on to put Broxbourne in control of the match.
Gagan Dissanayake scored 27 in the middle order but OA’s bowlers did an excellent job of restricting six batsmen to single figures.
Ashan Ali led the way with four wickets but OAs were unable to take the final wicket which proved costly in the long run.
Opening the reply, Tom Lincoln hit eight fours before bowing out for a run-a-ball 32 after being trapped LBW by Liam Robinson (3-27).
The top order then suffered a collapse leaving as OAs were 55-6 after 16 overs.
Moz Hayat (30) and Alf Rehman (35) set about steadying the ship and with further support from Zahid Karim (18), OAs closed in on the total.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 3 Community green spaces at risk of development on St Albans estate
- 4 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 5 What the fox? Mystery shoe thief revealed!
- 6 'Spellbinding performances' in St Albans Musical Theatre Company's production of Rent
- 7 St Albans care teams win big at annual awards ceremony
- 8 Remembering 'Mr Harpenden' - the indomitable Michael Weaver
- 9 Churches group organises meeting for Ukrainians and host families
- 10 Preaching into Sermon of the Year finals
Karim was run out and Rehman was caught to put an end to OA’s chase.