OAs edged by Broxbourne
Broxbourne’s top order steered them to a 12-run victory over Old Albanian in Saracens Herts Division One.
Openers Chris Dawson (36) and Alex O’Sullivan (26) gave the hosts an excellent start at Mill Lane, which number three Robin Glassberg (29) built on to put Broxbourne in control of the match.
Gagan Dissanayake scored 27 in the middle order but OA’s bowlers did an excellent job of restricting six batsmen to single figures.
Ashan Ali led the way with four wickets but OAs were unable to take the final wicket which proved costly in the long run.
Opening the reply, Tom Lincoln hit eight fours before bowing out for a run-a-ball 32 after being trapped LBW by Liam Robinson (3-27).
You may also want to watch:
The top order then suffered a collapse leaving as OAs were 55-6 after 16 overs.
Moz Hayat (30) and Alf Rehman (35) set about steadying the ship and with further support from Zahid Karim (18), OAs closed in on the total.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 6 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 7 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 10 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
Karim was run out and Rehman was caught to put an end to OA’s chase.