Division Two Old Albanian 121-10 (33.0) Chorleywood 123-4 (36.0) OLD Albanians were defeated by Chorleywood on Saturday in Division Two of the Saracens Herts Cricket League. Alistair Lewis top scored for OAs with 30 and Nick Nguyen contributed 27
Old Albanian 121-10 (33.0) Chorleywood 123-4 (36.0)
OLD Albanians were defeated by Chorleywood on Saturday in Division Two of the Saracens Herts Cricket League.
Alistair Lewis top scored for OAs with 30 and Nick Nguyen contributed 27 but the Woollams outfit were dismissed for 121 after being inserted.
You may also want to watch:
Visitors Chorleywood took the win on 123-4 off 36 overs.
Tom Preest took 5-27 in 13 overs but Old Albanian II lost at Holtwhites Trinibis in Division Five.
- 1 Affordable housing block given green light for garage site
- 2 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 3 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 4 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 5 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 6 Lib Dems: City centre road closures are blighting neighbourhoods
- 7 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 8 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 9 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 10 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
Trinibis were dismissed foe 197 after winning the toss and in reply, OAs were struck out for 96.
Old Albanian III claimed the better end of a draw when they travelled to Sawbridgeworth in Division 11 on Saturday.
After losing the toss, the visitors went on to set a challenging target of 195. Colin Bashford struck a fluid 31 at the top of the innings. Captain David Goodier hit 71 from 64 balls and contributed a stand of 89 with debutant John Clark (21 not out).
In the field, the introduction of Terry James (2-10) and Duncan Taylor (2-28), aided by four catches from wicket keeper Burrows helped to run through the home sides middle order. Taylor and young colt Joe Easter bowled exceptional spells into tough conditions but Sawbridgeworth finished on 165-7.
Bhargav Raval hit 78 for Old Albanian IV against Datchworth III in Division 13.
OAs won the toss and posted 207-4 off 45 overs but Datchworth replied with 212-3 to win off 38.4 overs.